Monday, November 10, 2008

Getting Started

About a month ago I read Animal Vegetable Miracle. I was head over heals inspired to try and eat locally as much as possible. I also started looking around online for other people who were inspired to eat locally. I found a lot of websites, but not as many blogs as I expected.

Things I hope people will see here:
stories of our experiences,
recipes and reviews using local and seasonal ingredients,
reviews of local stores, markets and maybe restaurants,
questions, maybe some answers, our successes and trials and tribulations.

Other things you will be sure to see:
words misspelled. I try my best to make what I write readable, but I am not very good at spelling and I mostly don't notice when I misspell things, please forgive me and keep reading, I know it can be frustrating to some folks.
Me getting frustrated about customer service. I'm happy to pay for my services, and I try to give props when I can, but I HATE, inattentive, unhelpful, and rude service. My mom says I sometimes bite off my nose to spite my face, but usually after a third problem visit somewhere, I talk with my money and take my business elsewhere.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: