Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lazy Local Eater

I've become a lazy local eater. I'm blaming it on winter. I did not make it to the farmers market today. But in fairness, when I went to Harris Teeter (HT) this evening, I did not buy any produce except their bananas from Costa Rica. (And I have come to terms with the fact that my child goes a bit bonkers without a morning banana and having honeymooned in Costa Rica and visiting Dole Banana plantations, I am comfortable supporting that economy).

I bought local ice cream today, and I was happy to finally find deli organic turkey breast at a reasonable price at HT, we bought a new Brita, b/c our old one had to go as we cleaned it and broke it and then it started spitting out white stuff and we had had it five years at least. Small victories today. But it seemed lazier to not even post about it.

No comments: